To overcome legacy concerns and improve data confidence, we took a different approach to the varied formats and detail from each insurance provider.
- What makes our insurance datafeeds different?
- How to set up insurance datafeeds?
- What providers are available?
- How to utilise insurance datafeeds?
- Downloading data from insurance providers
What makes our insurance datafeeds different?
The brief from advisers was clear – keep my data up to date when insurer information changes, but don’t compromise the integrity by making too many assumptions.
Unfortunately, existing insurance data feed processes are ineffective and inconsistent. Some insurers have custom feeds, some retrofit policies into transactional investment portfolio feeds, and all insurers provide a different level of data (from high level summaries thin on details to complex super linking and cover options).
To overcome legacy concerns and improve data confidence, CCUBE has taken a different approach to the varied formats and detail, or lack thereof each insurer provides. We analyse the reports downloaded from your insurer on a periodic basis, interpret the data, compare against existing records and suggest amendments or actions.
How to set up insurance datafeeds?
User Driven Monthly Updates
In the first week of each month, download the specified reports for each insurer and email them to us. CCUBE will process your batch of reports and compare them to the insurance records within your CRM.
The monthly comparison will result in a set of suggested actions. CCUBE will identity new policies vs. updates to covers vs. no change from the previous month. All these suggestions are presented to you for review before inserting. The power is in your hands to:
- Accept the proposed changes for the policy in one click.
- Decline/ignore the proposed changes for the policy in one click.
- Accept some changes to the policy but decline others.
Email Your Reports to CCUBE
- Email your downloaded reports to email@example.com with the following details:
- Subject: Insurance Data Feed Monthly Update
- Body: Please update the insurance data in [insert Practice Name] with the files attached.
- Attachments: CSV/XLS (refer to relevant insurer sections starting on page 4 to find out which report to download from each website)
Our Support Desk will notify you when the data from the CSV reports is available in your CCUBE login.
What providers are available?
The current providers that we support are:
If you are seeking feeds for a provider not on this list, please let us know and we can look at the feasibility of building additional providers in the future.
How to utilise insurance datafeeds?
The first time a policy appears, CCUBE will suggest a match to a client that already exists in your CRM. We will ask you to confirm the suggested matches on the policy linking screen.
In limited cases, CCUBE is unable to suggest a match. Either the client does not exist in your CRM or the insurer’s client name, date of birth, and/or suburb is different than the details you have for that client in your CRM. For these cases, you have the option to:
- Manually create the missing clients in your CRM and link the policies.
- Update the details in your CRM to match the latest data from the insurer. CCUBE will suggest a match with the next batch upload.
- Contact the insurer to correct the information they have on record for your client. CCUBE will suggest a match once the corrected report is downloaded.
- Search through your existing clients to manually select a match even though the data may be different between your CRM and the insurer.
Policy linking is a one-off process. Any updates to linked policies will automatically flow through without you reconfirming the mapping.
Changes to Linked Policies
Where there is a difference that requires attention, you will be presented with necessary changes to review, approve or reject.
The following videos demonstrate how to link policies and action updates:
Downloading data instructions from insurance providers
- Login to https://www.aia.com.au/AdviserSite/
- Navigate to Policy Search / Reports > Detailed Policy Listing
- When the report loads, scroll down to the bottom of the page and next to the Excel image, choose the option to “Click here to extract full Policy Report”
- Rename the downloaded report so it has “AIA” in the name. For example, rename the report called “DetailedPolicyListingReportDownload-YYYYMMDD.csv” as “AIA DetailedPolicyListingReportDownload-YYYYMMDD.csv”
- Email the downloaded Excel report to CCUBE
- Email Business_Intelligence@amp.com.au
- In the body of the email, include your adviser codes and request a list of all your inforce risk policies for your clients.
- Within 5 business days, they will email you back a report extracted from their database and send a password for the report in a subsequent email.
- The file format should match the AMP Report Example.csv provided by your CCUBE Onboarding Specialist.
- Forward the report and password to CCUBE.
- Login to https://adviser.comminsure.com.au/
-> TIP: You may need to enable pop-ups for this site in your Chrome browser
In Chrome, navigate to Settings > Advanced > Privacy and Security > Site Settings> Pop-ups and redirects
Allow/Add the CommInsure URL https://adviser.comminsure.com.au/AdviserTracking/Default.aspx
- Once pop-ups are enabled, click on Managing > Access MyClient and a pop-up should appear with new options
- Click In Force (top of page)
- Select “CSV” and click Prepare In Force portfolio (bottom left)
- Click Home and you will see a list of downloads where the report will appear. You may need to come back later for larger files (try refreshing the page as it doesn’t refresh automatically)
- Rename the downloaded file so it has “CommInsure” in the name.
- Email your downloaded and renamed CSV to CCUBE
- Login to https://partner.mlcinsurance.com.au/
- At the top of the page, click on ‘Resources’, then click ‘Reporting’.
- Select ‘Life Insured’ box.
- We will not need to filter anything as we want to generate the full client list.
- Click the Download button at the bottom. This will generate a CSV file.
- DO NOT OPEN the downloaded file as Excel will incorrectly strip leading zeros from policy numbers.
- Rename the downloaded file (by right clicking on the closed file) so it has “MLC” in the name.
- Email your downloaded and renamed CSV file to CCUBE.
- Login to https://www.onepath.com.au/adviser/AdviserAdvantage/adviser-login.aspx
- Once the homepage loads completely, navigate to Access online services > Launch OneView Life
- Once the OneView Life page loads completely, click on REPORTS & ANALYTICS
- Click on the “View and Export” link next to the Policy Detail Extract report towards the bottom of the page of available reports.
- Once the report loads completely, click on the Export button on the top right
- Another window will pop-up with Export options. Choose the “Details Only” option, choose “Comma Delimited .csv” from the Format dropdown, leave the default encoding option, and click the Export button.
- Rename the downloaded report so it has “OnePath” in the name. For example, rename the report called “report15678910950.csv” as “OnePath report15678910950.xls”
- Email your downloaded and renamed CSV to CCUBE
- Login to https://adviser.tal.com.au/
- Navigate to Reporting
- Choose Export Excel next to the “Generic policy summary report”
- Rename the downloaded report so it has “TAL” in the name. For example, rename the report called “PolicySummary.xls” as “TAL PolicySummary.xls”
- Email your downloaded and renamed XLS to CCUBE
- Login to https://zurichau.force.com/
- Navigate to Tools > Policy / Coverage Report
- Without changing any field options, click the Export Policy Report button followed by the Export Coverage Report option
- Rename both reports so they have “Zurich” in the name. For example, “Zurich_PolicyDetailsReport” and “Zurich CoverageDetailsReport”
- Email the 2 downloaded and renamed CSVs to CCUBE
If you currently don't have insurance datafeeds set up, please speak with your Customer Success Manager or contact support via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can help you.