SMS Global integration allows you to send SMS text messages from within CCUBE, but as this is also a separate account to CCUBE, you can also use the SMS Global dashboard to manage & send out other text message types such as MMS.
If you are not sure if you need to do this, it is best to check with the Support Team as this configuration would usually have been done for you as part of onboarding.
Create an Online Account with SMS Global
- Sign up to SMS Global online: https://www.smsglobal.com/get-started/
- Fill in the registration form with your details:
- Your password need to meet the following criteria:
- minimum of 8 characters in length
- contain at least one Upper-case character (A through Z)
- contain at least one Lower-case characters (a through z)
- contain at least one Number (0 through 9)
- contain at least one special symbol (! $ # or %)
- When you add in your mobile number, you will receive a verification code text message to your phone. Enter this code into the form.
- Click “Get Started”
- You will then receive a confirmation email, where you need to validate your email.
- Click on the “Verify Email Now” link:
- Your email address is now validated & you will then be taken to your SMS Global Dashboard:
- In the left menu, go to “API & Integrations”
- Copy the username & password (these details will go into CCUBE in the coming steps)
Configure your SMS Global Account in CCUBE
- Log into your CCUBE & navigate to the SMS Config menu, in Practice Level Settings:
Settings > Practice Level Settings > SMS Settings > SMS Configuration
* Alternatively, if you are a Dealergroup, then your settings will be located here:
Settings > Dealer Level Settings > SMS Settings > SMS Configuration
- Enter in the following details:
- Username: as per SMS Global API & Integrations screen
- Password: as per SMS Global API & Integrations screen
- MSISDN: this is the name displayed for outbound SMS messages (i.e. the sender name displayed on outbound messages) ^
^ the name specified here needs to meet the below requirements:
- Click on “Test Connection” to verify the configuration:
- Now client on the “Save” button to save the configuration
- Your SMS Global setup is now complete, and you can now send SMS text messages from CCUBE
- To try this out, simply navigate to the create new SMS menu:
CCUBE > Quick Access > Create New > CRM > SMS