If a user requires a Product that does not currently exist in the database, or they wish to model something like an investment property, this product can be created.
Things to Consider
- Products that are created at the Dealer Level can be shared across the dealer group; products that are created at the Practice Level are only available to that specific practice - need more help with the Dealer/Practice Hierarchy?
- Product name, instrument, type (tax structure), price and price date, asset class distribution are mandatory fields for creating a product
- Based on the 'Instrument Type', product characteristics are auto-filled. The available product characteristics are – simple/complex, unitized/non-unitized, local/international, subject to CGT, primary/secondary
- There is another characteristic – AMIT/Non-AMIT, which is dependent on product creation date. All the product created after June 2017 are considered Non-AMIT. If there is a specific date from which the product needs to be made Non-AMIT, the date can also be specified. This flag is used in generating Non-assessable income report
- If the 'Instrument Type' is Managed funds, the ‘Fees’ section becomes visible, where a user can define the various types of fees associated with the product if required
If practice level asset classes are configured:
- If product is being created at dealer level, user needs to define the asset class distribution for all the available asset class sets
- If product is being created at practice level, user needs to define the asset class set based on the asset classes defined for that practice
How to Create a Custom Product
- Navigate to Menu > Portfolio > Products
- Select on the tab for Products
- Select Add Product
- Complete relevant information about the product and save - from there you will be able to select the product when creating entries for clients in their portfolios