The Document Compare tool allows a user to produce a side-by-side comparison of how a generated document looks against an original template. It can be a useful tool to see whether other users are changing the final output substantially to what was originally intended in the raw template.
- To compare a document to a template, navigate to a Client > Files > Documents
- Select on the document you wish to compare > Actions > Compare Document
- Select the template to compare against > Compare
- You will then be presented with a side-by-side comparison of the two documents - the document that appears on the left is the generated/personalised document, while the document on the right is the base template (with no changes or customisation for the client)
- Text that is highlighted in red has been adjusted in the generated document, compared to what was in the original template - this includes both new additions as well as text that was deleted
- The comparison shows text changes only - formatting changes will not be flagged, such as alignment or bolding text
- If you are wanting to compare a scanned document, this will need to be converted to a word format initially before the comparison can take place