- What is a Custom Field?
- Creating a Custom Field
- Limitation of Custom Fields
What is a Custom Field?
- A Custom Field is a new field to appear within the System that enables a user to capture unique information - this information is then searchable and can be included in User/Scheduled Reports
Creating a Custom Field
- A new field can be created through Settings > Customise Screens > Custom Fields
- Then expand on the heading for where you want the field to live, for example, to have the field appear on the individual client record, expand on Individual > Personal Information > Add Custom Field
- Select your Field Type - this controls the format/content of the field, options include
- Text Field (single line of text)
- Number Field
- Percentage Field
- Decimal Field
- Date Field
- Time Field
- Currency Field
- Email Field
- Phone Number Field
- Text Area Field (multi line/paragraph text)
- Enter a Name for the field
- Ensure the field is 'Active'
- If you want to force users to enter data in this field, select 'Mandatory'
- A limit on the number of characters/value can be controlled through 'Max Characters/Max Value'
- A 'Default Value' creates a default answer/entry for the field, which can be edited when a user interacts with the field
- Save the Field and observe the Successful notification; log out and back in to CCUBE to see your new field
Limitations of Custom Fields
When creating custom fields, there are a few things that users need to be aware of:
- At present, a user cannot code for custom fields inside of a template/document
- Currently there is a limit of 20 Custom Fields on your site - 10 created at the Dealer Level, and 10 Created at the Practice Level
These are both aspects of Custom Fields that we are aware of and looking to adjust through future development.
Under which login should I create my Custom Fields?
Creating a Custom Field at a Dealer level means the field will be visible for all users on all practices under that Dealer group.
Creating a Custom Field at a Practice level means the field will be visible for all users under that Practice.